In terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, this document is an electronic record. Being generated by a computer system it does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Last Updated: June 16, 2016
As we update, improve and expand the Services, this policy may change, so please refer back to it periodically. By accessing the Company website or this Application or otherwise using the Services, you consent to collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you) for any of the services that we offer.
• the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites or our services and
• our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
I. The Data/Information We Collect
We collect information from users at several different points on the website. Alpenglow Marketing, LLP are the owners of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others in ways other than as disclosed in this statement.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
• automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
1. Your full name, email address, postal code, password and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
2. Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language.
3. Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, ratings, photographs, comments, listings, school information and other information in your account profile.
4. Your search and browsing activities.
5. Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
6. Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
7. Our applications may collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
8. The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our websites.
9. Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications.
10. Information about your activity on the website, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
MySchoolReviews.com deposits cookies on users’ hard drives. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. By setting a cookie on our site, a user does not have to log in a password more than once and saves time while on our site. Users who reject the cookie may still use myschoolsreviews.com, but they may be limited in some areas of our site.
Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience. Some of the information about how our users experience our site, such as page views and specific pages visited, is logged by a third-party marketing company on our behalf, using cookies and Web beacons. Web beacons help us understand information such as what browsers our users have so that we are able to develop our site to best support our users. We control how this data may and may not be used. If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, you can use your discretion to discontinue browsing the website of MySchoolReviews.
MySchoolReviews also works with third-party media measurement services that enable advertisers, publishers and agencies to view audience reports for websites. They use certain data, including your IP address and information from cookies they place on your computer, to aggregate Internet activity to produce these reports and analyses.
MySchoolReviews also works with third-party companies to serve ads when you visit www.myschoolreviews.com. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to www.myschoolreviews.com in order to provide advertisements on the website, other websites and other forms of media about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you from third parties, who has represented us to collect data from legal sources, such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
We may use “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users in anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Site or Service to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our website to improve the quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
II. Usage of the Data/Information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Process and respond to your queries
• Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests.
• Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
• Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
• Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with us.
• Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
• Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
• Administer contests and sweepstakes.
• Provide you with customer support.
• Provide you with notices about your account.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• Notify you about changes to our Services.
• Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter or other email services, we may ask for contact information such as name and email address. This information is used to contact the user about the Services on our site for which they have expressed interest. It is optional for the user to provide demographic information (such as child’s grade level or PIN code) but encouraged so that we can provide more personalized service.
From time to time, the website may email our newsletter subscribers a request to complete user surveys and/or events that we believe are of interest. This may include promotions from a related third-party sponsor.
III. Web Analytics and Tailored Advertising
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Automatically-Collected Information” Section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
When accessing the Services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
Do Not Track
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the above links to the NAI “Consumer Opt-out”, DAA opt-out, and Google opt-out. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
IV. Choices about how we use and disclose your information
V. Communications Choices
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other My School Reviews users, businesses, and My School Reviews itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from MySchoolReviews.
VI. Reviewing, Changing or Deleting Information
My School Reviews enables its users to edit certain information provided by them to the website. For the deletion of information beyond general authentication such as permanently deleting the account, please contact the website admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. Accessing and correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
VIII. Security of the information and data
These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered on our website is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.
If and when our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or Social Security number), that information will be encrypted and protected with encryption software called SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to protect personal user information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) will be granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices. The servers that are used to store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
IX. Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
X. 3rd Party Links and Services
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose Information on our site, such as in message boards, chat areas or in advertising or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of our Company and this policy.
XI. Compliance with Data Protection Regulations
XII. Data Retention and Account Information
XIV. Governing Law
This policy and the use of this website are governed by Indian laws. Any claim related to the Site or this policy shall be brought in a court in New Delhi, India, within one year after the claim arises. Users of our website consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such court as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this policy.
XV. Grievance Redressal/Contact Us
Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to the processing of information provided by you or breach of these terms shall be immediately directed to us by contacting us at any of the following:
20A, Ramnagar H Extension, Swej Farm,
Sodala, Behind Chitransh School,
Jaipur, Rajasthan 302019
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
a) Identification of the information provided by you;
b) Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information;
c) Your address, telephone number or e-mail address;
d) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be;
e) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you;
The company shall not be responsible for any communication, if addressed, to any non-designated person in this regard.